ONLINE DESANDING OF PRODUCTION SEPARATOR – SAVING $25M
MAJOR UK OPERATOR
Re-establishing three phase separation on HP separator during oil and gas production
- Estimated 60 tonnes of solids accumulated inside the HP Separator, by way of a thermographic survey carried out prior to operations, causing potential erosion of control valves downstream.
- The HP Separator internal jetting system for cleaning solids had never been used ahead of this operation and the performance, efficiency and expected solids rates of the internal jetting system were somewhat of an unknown.
- The water leg of a production separator in the North Sea was blocked
- Re-establishing three phase separation without shutting down production
Online desanding using DualFlow without shut down of production
- Using the DualFlow desander the water leg was brought back to production saving significant time and cost for the client compared to a complete shutdown of production
- Utilised internal jetting system to fluidise the sand – no manual handling for emptying separator
Continuous production worth $25M* was maintained using a DualFlow desander
- No HSE incidents or NPT during entire mobilisation / operation / demobilization
- No confined space entry or no manual handling as automated flushing sequences ensured safe removal of 3.5 tonnes of solids
* – $24.96M = $32/bbl x 39 days x 20 000 bpd